LESCOTA is a non-profit organization with a registration number 00NGO-0005594 under the Non-Governmental Organization act 2002, made under section 12(2) of act no 24 of 2002.The head office of LESCOTA is at Songea-Mfaranyaki street, House number 178,along Mbinga highway:
To promote community development throughout the country using poverty alleviation strategies.
To eliminate poverty in Tanzania through stepwise realistic measures.
- To mobilize health related issues and participate in voluntary health servic
- To provide youth better access to education through facilities and learning materials.
- To promote environmental conservation and sustainability for the benefit of current and future generations
- To involve interagency collaboration and multidisciplinary partnership in working with disadvantaged families to achieve change.
- To prepare and conduct conferences and workshops, which will address issues related to poverty alleviation in the society.
- To provide civic education.
- To conduct community development related researches.
- To promote understanding of human rights among people of all groups in society
- To mobilize modern agriculture and sound agricultural practices in agricultural societies