Zanzibar Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ZSPCA) was established since 1930s by Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (RSPCA) and working for several years up to 1940s. After working for several years the society stop working total, in 2007 the society re-established and receiving its official registration from Revolutionary Government of Zanzibar on 14th February 2008 with registration number 562 and start its work on 2009.
Until now ZSPCA reach several achievements among of them are:-
- To be selected as World Animal Day Ambassador forZanzibarIsland.
- Organised three World Animal Day and World Rabies Day with activities such as School competition, Improving Donkey welfare Workshop, Donkey Welfare Competition, Providing Free Veterinary Treatment, Providing Free Rabies Vaccination, Qur-an Madrasat (School) Competition and Organising March during the peak day of World Animal Day and World Rabies Day.
- Participating in NGO exhibition which take place at Zanzibar House of Representative organised by Foundation for Civil Society of Dar es Salaam.
- ZSPCA recognised by several Ministries in Zanzibar Government andTanzania mainland as well.
- Good relation with potential partner and Donor such as Tanzania Communication Regulatory Authority (TCRA), Bank of Tanzania (BOT), Zanzibar Wakf and Trust Commission, K-9 Global of USA and The Donkey Sanctuary of UK.
- Recognised with several International Institution, member of Clean Up the World of Australia, Worldwide Veterinary Society. Have good relation with UNEP and WSPA.
<iframe src="https://mybizcard.co/user/card/368533/7c1835befbf0ad66fc28831b346d2edc" frameBorder='0' height='290' width='400' > </iframe>