Orphans and Vulnerable Children Care (OVCC) is a non-profit organization started operating in 2006 and become registered with the Government of Tanzania in May, 2007. OVCC is located in Ikungi District - Singida Region. The Headquarters are in a small town called Puma.
OVCC works in advocating for orphans and vulnerable children in the following categories:-
1. Education; on this category, OVCC goal is to make sure that the community and the other stakeholders are stimulated to support the orphans and vulnerable children for their education (this is to make sure that these kind of children are not back-forgotten in Education.
2. Health; on this category, OVCC has also to make sure sharing with the government leaders, Health Officials, Health stakeholders and whole community in general to improve the OVC health and fight against malnutrition, diseases, etc.
3. Human Rights; OVCC has to advocate for orphans and vulnerable children for their rights and for the rights of the other marginalised people.
4. Development; OVCC as an organization has to try its best to tackle poverty which is greatly embraced the orphans and vulnerable children with their caregivers and whole community in general by educating them about Life Skills as targeting to build their confidence for self- reliance.
5. HIV/AIDS; OVCC has to educate the orphans and vulnerable children, caregivers and the whole community in gerneral by conducting training and local meetings arround the villages and alart them about HIV/AIDS infections.
OVCC believes that orphans and vulnerable children need equal rights, fairly treated, well educated,good health, shelter and dignity unconditionally.
See nearby organizations