ASASI YA KUHIFADHI MAZINGIRA KIMANG’A
P.O BOX 70, KIMANG’A VILLAGE, PANGANI TANGA, TANZANIA, EAST AFRICA
Physical address: KIMANG’A VILLAGE, PANGANI TANGA, TANZANIA.
AKUMAKI-Asasi ya Kuhifadhi Mazingira Kimang’a i.e. The Organization for Environmental Conservation at Kimang’a village is the Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) established in 2010 and became full registered on 14th June 2011 with registration no. 00NGO/00004680.
As voluntary organization, AKUMAKI in most cases runs its activities depending on the members’ contributions in order to fulfill its commitments to the environment and community.
The organization has its Board of Trustees composed of 9 members being 4 females and 5
To attain socio-economic development with improved living standards of the poor local community through reduced un-employment, enhancing vulnerable groups and general environmental management through participatory approach.
To implement sustainable, community based environmentally friendly socio-economic activities that targeting integrated rural development and improved living standards and gender sensitive of the local community.
1. Ngere ngere Eco-River-
1. Promoting Environmental Conservation through Participatory Approach
2. Enhancing Socio-economic development activities to the local Community with emphasis on school children, youth, women and other marginalized groups
3. To promote and enhance community awareness on environmental Conservation, Sustainable use and management of natural resources and food security with the aim of conserving environment and poverty alleviation.
4. To promote community support on Legal, Human Rights and Gender Equality on Resources use and ownership as well as campaigning on child labor issues.
5. Promoting training and field exposures on Entrepreneurship, Natural Resources Management and Environmental Conservation as well as
encouraging volunteer spirits to youth and school children for self reliance.
6. To promote partnership and sense of collaboration amongst the target groups (local communities), NGO’s and Institutions (at the local and International) towards establishment of poverty eradication initiatives on self-help basis.
7. Assisting the local communities in their efforts to reduce vulnerability to climate change, identify and prioritize adaptation and mitigation responses and where necessary, to help integration of the prioritized measures with a wide range of sectoral and cross-sectoral interventions.
Promoting Participatory Conservation, Sanitation and Hygiene (PPCSH) along Pangani Coastal Belt in Tanga Region
1. Participatory Forest Conservation (PFC) to the local communities with the use of alternative energy source to reduce deforestation and effects of climate change.
2. Improved Sanitation and Hygiene (ISH) to the local communities at primary schools and households with the aim of reducing chance of spread of infectious disease hence promoting human health and general well being.
3. Participatory Solid Waste Management in the beach and surrounding environment to secure biodiversity and protect aquatic systems and encourage tourism in the area.
4. Promoting Participatory Coastal Resources Management in Pangani Coastal Belt
1. AKUMAKI has succeeded to mobilize the local community to modern mud t bricks for construction purposes with the aim of reduce the use of the forest resources for construction.
2. AKUMAKI has succeeded motivating the community to form volunteer groups such as formation of Economic Common Interest Groups (ECIG) in Pangani.
See nearby organizations
ASASI YA KUHIFADHI MAZINGRA KIMANG'A ''AKUMAKI''
P.O.BOX 70 KIMANG'A VILLAGE - PANGANI
TANZANIA - EAST AFRICA