ASASI YA KUHIFADHI MAZINGIRA KIMANG’A
P.O BOX 70, KIMANG’A VILLAGE, PANGANI TANGA, TANZANIA, EAST AFRICA
Physical address: KIMANG’A VILLAGE, PANGANI TANGA, TANZANIA.
AKUMAKI-Asasi ya Kuhifadhi Mazingira Kimang’a, in English the Organization for Environmental Conservation at Kimang’a village is an NGO established in 2010 and became registered on 14th June 2011 with registration no. 00NGO/00004680. , As voluntary organization, AKUMAKI in most cases run its activities depending on members’ contributions for fulfilling its commitments to the community.
The organization has its Board of Trustees composed of 9 members being 4 females and 5 males.
To attain social economic development with improved living standards of the community by ensuring reduced un-employment, sustainable use of natural resources and environmental conservation.
To implement sustainable, community based environmentally friendly Socio-Economic activities that targeting integrated rural development and improved living standards and gender sensitive of the community.
3.0 Organization Objectives
- Utilization of water sources and supporting environmental conservation activities.
- Enhancing Socio-Economic activities to the community with special emphasis on youth, men, women and other marginalized community members.
- To promote community awareness activities on Environmental Conservation, Sustainable use and management of natural resources and food security.
- To promote natural habitats and ecosystems
- To promote Legal, Human Rights and Gender Equality on Resources use and ownership as well as campaigning on child labor issues.
- Promoting training and field exposures on Entrepreneurship, Natural Resources Management and Environmental Conservation to youth, women and in school children especially in rural areas.
- To promote partnership and sense of collaboration amongst the target groups, NGO’s and Institutions (National and International) towards establishment of poverty eradication initiatives on self-help basis.
- Encouraging and supporting Volunteering Spirits among community for self reliance.
- Encouraging and supporting sustainable agriculture for soil protection and environmental conservation.
- Assisting the communities in their efforts to reduce vulnerability to climate change, to identify and priorities adaptation and mitigation responses and where necessary, to help integrate such considerations within a wide range of sectoral interventions and projects.
Conducted campaign and training on production of modern mud breaks aimed to reduce forests harvesting for construction purposes. The project was implemented in March 2013 through members’ contribution support.
Community mobilization for Seedlings collection and trees planting campaign held in May 2012.
Community Awareness project impacts of lime production through live corals as a strategy for marine resources protection and forests protection (July 2013).
Increasing community awareness on importance of protection of natural heritages for tourism and ecological purposes.
AKUMAKI has succeeded motivating the community to formulate voluntarism groups such as Formation of Economic Common Interest Groups (CIG) in Pangani District.
See nearby organizations
ASASI YA KUHIFADHI MAZINGRA KIMANG'A ''AKUMAKI''
P.O.BOX 70 KIMANG'A VILLAGE - PANGANI
TANZANIA - EAST/ AFRIKA