Furaha Is small volunteer organization providing technical,education and hands on volunteer support to granss-roots community projects on the Zanzibar,Tanzania, Welcom all students from different universities and colleges of the world who has interest to working with us and has experience of our programmes bellow.
It was conducting different volunteering programmes so as to bring about the social changes and development for the people of Zanzibar,Furaha programmes includes:-
- TEACHING COMPUTER SKILLS.
A few people have opportunity to lear on how to use computer,this is becouse oftheir low levol of income that could not be able to sustain for their whole life. Furaha established this programme in order to help people in attaining self employment.This skills includes how to operate a computer,word processing and spreadsheets, use email,internet seaches and other related computer skills, ( two weeks to twelve months, depended your programmes )
- TEACHING SCIENCE SUJECTS: Zanzibar is the one among third word country which have less scientific and technological advancement. Through this problem Furaha through special opplication has connection with the ministry of Education and Vocational Training on encourange their students on science subjects.The volunteers in this field will be connected to governmental schools for teaching science subjects such as mathematics,biology,physics,geography and chemistry ( one month to twelve months and depended your programmes )
- TEACHING DIFFERENT LANGUAGES: Volunteers are constantly needed to help with the free teaching languages classes for community development. This will help many people to get employment in tourist hotels and reduce provert for many Zanzibaris.Many students are failed becouse of lack of enough skill of using foreign languages. Furaha require teachers in different language such as English,Italian,French,German,Dutch,Spain and Arabic and other related foreign languages in order to fulfill its objects. ( three month and depended your programmes )
- SWHILI PROGRAMME: Furaha established special programme for foreign volunteers to learn and interested volunteer to learn Swahili language. This programme will operate his compentent supervisor once in every day excluding weekend.
- FURAHA OTHER PROGRAMMES INCLUDES:-
_ Organization manegment
_Proposal/project writter up
_ Working with local community
_ Environmental education and conservation.
_ Health care.
_ HIV/AIDs programme.
_ Youth leader ship.
_ Vulnerable children
_ Enterprenuership and business plan for local community.
_ Leadership Treaining for Organization leaders,youth and women, for indipended. either day,week,month or year.
DURATION AND TIMING OF PROJECT:
All volunteers teaching placement are generally from two weeks to twelve months, the duration of technical assistance and other special projects are dependent on the nature of theproject and volunteer and staff availability.
VOLUNTEERS USEFUL INFORMATION:
FURAHA Organization is looking for volunteers!
We are seeking a variety of individual and groups – we’re looking for all age from 18 and above, professions, and interests. We can find volunteer placements that will suit your skills and fit into your busy schedule.
The following list of Project needs volunteer:-
a) Computer skills
b) Language Skills such as English, France, Germany and Italy
c) Early education school teacher Pre- primary and Primary Teacher
d) Environmental Skills
e) Project Management ( leader)
Most volunteer will be housed at FURAHA house,your stay will typicall include daily breakfast, lunches and dinner through self catering may be arranged in some instances.
You will eat traditional swahili cuisine-simple ,but healthful foods such as fresh fish and chicken,rice-based dishes, bread and chapatis fresh vegetables and fruits and juices. We can accommodate vegetarians if you let us know in advance.
Notes: Alcoholic beverages are at your own expense out of work time.
If you have interesting with FURAHA,Please countact us by
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interested.