The Hope Relief and Orphans Children Village Lugeye.
Location mwanza region,- Magu District -Tanzania – at lugeye village.
Hope Relief and Orphans Village Magu is a Community Based Organization that specializes in helping the most vulnerable children (orphans) to all groups of vulnerable children ranging from young adults to mature adults. The CBO is the first of its kind to be launched in Tanzania. The CDO started in 2014 after realising the widening skills gaps that exist between employers /general life needs and what is taught at the schools and colleges. The developed skills training program will enable disadvantaged children to succeed at everything in life. This is a one stop success centre that created opportunities and empower orphans to remove their success obstacles.
Life skills are one of the critical elements for orphans to succeed in today’s challenging environment. Althoughpeople s’ around the world are more and more likely to pursue formal education, upon graduationthey often find that they are not adequately prepared for the world of work or other challenging life ahead. This is because skills relevant to key growthsectors of the modern economy specifically “soft” skills – are often not covered in traditional educationsystems. Employers and Society in general often find a “skills mismatch” between the competencies youth adults need to succeed in the workplace and general life, and those they actually possess. This is a critical challenge for today’s youth adults.
The skills mismatch has continued to grow with globalization and as many countries transition to a more service-oriented economy. Employers and society in general are finding that regardless of their level of education, most orphans lack communication, organizational and prioritization skills such as goals setting, decision making and communication. Entry-level employees/business people in many emerging markets may be technically overqualified, but lack teamwork and interpersonal skills, making collaboration with colleagues and problem-solving between team members difficult.
Some of the best university such as Harvard and Wharton have produced technically best students who struggled to succeed in their employment or daily life due to lack of life skills. One key approach to overcomingthis challenge is through the provision of life skills training to young adults and adults to enable them to succeed in their whatever they want to succeed in life, whether is employment, business or political arena Research has indicated that young adults or adults who go through live skills training has more than 70% of succeeding in life compared to the one who did not.
Description of life skills
Hope Relief and Orphans Village Magu is designed to help participants harness and hone their innate talents and skills while developing new skills. The result is an individual who carries a powerful skillset that can help him or her navigate through life successfully at every turn. Young adults in particular aren’t always as prepared for self-sufficient living as they could be, and life skills training help to smooth over any rough edges that exist in a person’s skillset.
This is a comprehensive behaviour change approach that concentrates on the development of the skills needed for life such as communication, decision–making, thinking, managing emotions, assertiveness, self–esteem building, resisting peer pressure, relationship skills etc. It addresses the development of the whole individual—so that a person will have the skills to make use of all types of information. Life skills enable individuals to deal effectively with the demands and challenges of everyday life,”
Why Life Skills
Life skills have shown to improve young adult’s chances of succeeding in their life by more than 70%. Some of the benefits of attending life skills trainings at Mafanikio Academy are:
• Improved economic outcomes for participants -Life skills programs have been shown to increase the earning potential of people in employment, business and political life.
• Improve education outcomes for people:Recent research has demonstrated that when people are provided interventions that include non-academic supports in social-cognitive skills, learning outcomes improve as do completion/graduation rates.
• Increase employer satisfaction with new hires:Life skills programs strengthen young people’s abilities in many areas that employers consider particularly important when hiring new employees. Employers often report a higher level of satisfaction with entry-level employees who have gone through life skills training than those who have not.
• Change personal behaviour and social attitudes of youth:Life skills programs allow people to create a life plan and equip them with the skills to take steps toward achieving their goals.
• Increase people’s well-being and help them to develop into active and productive members of their communities.
• Leads to high productivity through improved performance, enables independent living, relating to others, self-care, professional development and positive self – esteem etc.
- Bachelor Degree or above in one of the following areas;
o Life skills
o Or any related field that would enable persons to teach the life skills courses at different levels from age 14 to 40 years.
for more information please contact us for
shija clement kinyata